Freelancing has been my profession for more than two decades. It’s not an easy ride. There are some good days and others that are difficult. After working for more than two decades, I’m proud to be a freelancer.
The Internet is an amazing medium. It is quite powerful, to put it mildly. Stories like the Singles’ Day sales at Alibaba prove that the best is yet ahead. With the introduction of 5G around the globe, I see even more opportunities on the Internet. This spectrum creates an equal and level playing field that allows everyone to profit. Time management is a key factor in freelancer success. It isn’t easy to be self-employed. You must put in the same effort and time as you would for a 9-5 job.
It can be difficult to stay on task and follow a schedule, especially when you work alone in your home office without any support. You need to be disciplined to find new projects, communicate effectively with clients, and manage your time so that you can complete existing projects on schedule while remaining within budget.
According to my observations, freelancers often feel pressured to return to full-time work because they don’t deliver the projects on time. The time lag is a major factor in disrupting a bad schedule. Once this happens, you end up in a vicious cycle of poor project management. This is because you may win new projects but not deliver your old ones on schedule. Freelancing can be enough to make a living for a freelancer. They can. Yes, they can. I have been there.
How to become a successful Freelancer?
- Learn technical skills.
- Learning communication skills. Writing English is essential.
- To win projects, a strong sales pitch is essential.
- Rapid response to client messages. Communication is key.
- It is important to establish a timeline for the project and ensure it is adhered to.
- Do not overpromise and underdeliver. It is best to reverse it.
- Don’t show tantrums with your words. Your flexibility as a person is demonstrated by a simple message.
- Ask for payment after you have completed the task. Do not be shy
- Ask your client to gently review your work and provide feedback, except for Fiverr. Fiverr doesn’t like this question. You can ask your client to give feedback on your work through Upwork.
- Make time to do things that you enjoy. Freelancers often spend too much time at their desks. They may have health problems if they don’t engage in recreational or physical activities.
- Weekends are family time. Spend time with family and friends.
- Avoid overeating at work. Keep a balanced diet.
- Get a minimum of 8 hours Title=”Why 8 hours sleep is so important”>
- You should not be seated for more than 30 minutes. You should take a 5-minute break. Walk or give a talk.
- Before you begin your work, listen to your favorite song.
- When you finish your work for the day, take notes. You can see what you have accomplished with overnight notes and pending. Prioritize the pending tasks for the next day.
Freelancer’s Success in Pakistan in 2022:
We can see the career earnings of successful freelancers. A freelancer who earns $30k per year or more is considered making good money. They are likely to be self-employed, but they may have a balanced budget.
Rich Dad Poor Dad is one of my favorite books. It has great lessons. It is important to save money for rainy days and not put all your eggs in one basket. This means that you should save money for the future and invest. You can’t be a freelancer all your life. You will eventually lose the drive to work towards your goals as you did initially.
As the years go by, the fire in your belly begins to fade. It is important to create a team that can take care of your work, and it is equally important to invest in other businesses to reap the rewards down the line.
While freelancing can be a great way to make a high income, it should not come at the expense of your health. While freelancing can be an option to survive, it is impossible to make a living doing so. However, passive income would be beneficial in the long term, especially since you will no longer be able to sit at your desk 24 hours a day. Freelancers must plan their actions to be successful.